© LHBS/Radio Broadgreen 1975-2022 Registered Charity 508557 (England & Wales)
Liverpool Hospital Broadcasting Service
1975 - 2022
This charity LHBS is made up from volunteers from all walks of life with one goal - to assist the running of this charity.
LHBS accept applications for membership from any person who is able to assist and feel they can contribute in the long term. As we are all volunteers, we cannot accept applications from persons looking for work-experience. Conditions apply.
IMPORTANT - Applying to volunteer at Radio Broadgreen
Members wishing to work at the Warmington Lodge Studios based in the grounds of the Broadgreen Health park have to take part in a two part application process (LHBS and LUHFT) that will require applicants to be processed via the Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Volunteers Services department.
1. Apply to LHBS/Radio Broadgreen via email (see our Contacts page).
2. If there are vacancies available, you will be asked to complete an application form and attend an interview at the Radio Broadgreen studios.
Following the interview, if accepted, you will be required to complete the NHS Trust application process listed below:
Liverpool University Hospitals Foundation Trust:
1. You will be asked to apply for processing via the online TRAC system when vacancies have been advertised
2. If successful, you will be asked to attend an interview.
3. If successful, you will be required to take part in ID and DBS checks.
*You will require photo ID (current Passport/Drivers licence), proof of your home address and supply two business/work referees for references.
4. If successful, you may have to attend Occupational Health checks at Aintree Hospital Fazackerly.
*Any inoculations required would have to be paid for by the applicant.
5. If successful, you will have to attend a Volunteers Core Skills induction course.
Once completed, you will be assigned by LUHFT Volunteer Services department to Radio Broadgreen.